A private 9 1/2 acre island with just one beachfront home. It is a private cay without resident staff since they all live on the main island (Long Island) within 2 miles away. We thus have complete privacy/seclusion. Little Deadman’s Cay is a historical site.
The first settler was a sailor who shipwrecked and made his way to the cay and built a home there, having married an Indian woman from the main island. The home is built on the site of the original dwelling. The island has a main beach and two small beach coves. In addition, it is within walking distance of an undeveloped peninsula 12 mi long with a continuous beach.
There are three main swimming areas on the private island: beach side, snorkeling side, and on the western end with two olympic-sized swimming pools made by natural channels. This is a great fishing area. Fly fishing is also very popular in this area as one can wade the flats easily.
Reservations & Rates
- The cost for 2 adults is $1975 for a week and $300 for each additional adult.
- Children under 12 are $150.
- There is a $500 refundable deposit (repeaters $300).
- Upon confirmation you will be sent a voucher / letter of introduction advising acknowledging receipt of payment and a fee to be paid upon arrival of $300, for up to 4 guests, for local transportation and caretaker including laundry, airport pick-up, ferrying to the Cay, gratuities, etc.
The house has a great room, 2 bedrooms with double beds and one bedroom with twin/king beds. Indoor complete bathroom with tub, shower, etc and outdoor shower and additional “john”. Kitchen is complete with refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, and completely equipped with dishes, pots and pans, and even cloth napkins!
Amenities include fireplace, ceiling and portable fans, two patios with sea view from either side. Cell phone, VCR, art and craft supplies for guests’ use. Electric pump. Tape/CD deck. Gazebo on beach with lounges.
- 3 Bedroom home can accommodate up to 6 adults & 2 children
- Two patios
- Gazebo on the beach
- Fully equipped Kitchen
- Spanish tile throughout the house
- One full bath with tub and shower indoors
- Outside shower
- Cell phone
- CD/Tape Deck
- VCR with library of tapes
- Exclusive use of 9 1/2 acre island
- Solar electric and wind generator (thus no noisy generator)
- Ceiling/portable fans
- Large library of books and games. Art/craft supplies for the creative person
- Good snorkeling in immediate area of island/cay
- Sea view from either direction when lounging/eating on the patio
- Large beach plus two smaller beaches
- 12 mi long peninsula with beach front within walking distance